TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A few things...
People Seeking Info

Subject A few things...

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on March 31, 2016 at 9:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 281 times.

In Reply To Why can I never have a decent idle....Video inside. posted by Stanky on March 28, 2016 at 07:30 PM

Message I didn't see after market throttle bodies in your profile so I assume they are stock. With the engine off check that the flappers are closed correctly. That's a basic start. Now, in your video you have a hunting idle. With your foot off the pedal your TPS should engage the ECU for idle mode if the TPS is adjusted correctly. The IACV only takes over to control the idle when the TPS is in the idle position. A vacuum leak can effect the idle operation. The IACV delivers air to the intake while the flappers are closed. Since the idle eventually stabilizes, it sounds like your IACV may be working OK but something is interfering with the idle air operation. Again, this could be a vacuum leak. Your IACV may need cleaning or it may not be operating correctly. After your engine is warmed up, turn off the car and unplug the IACV and then see how it operates after revving the engine like you did in the video. See if it does the exact same thing. If it does it may mean the IACV isn't operating. Check that you have a good solid signal from the temp sensor to the ECU too. If you have no signal from the temp sensor the ECU automatically provides an operational engine temp value after the car has been running for three minutes. It allows the car to run but does not allow a proper closed loop operation as it is a constant value that's being calculated off of. If the problem you're having started all at once from previously being perfectly fine, I would suspect a vacuum leak, bad electrical connection to the IACV or an IACV that is sticking.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.